Bottoms, who has gained national attention for her response to police killings, is in serious contention to be Joe Biden’s running mate.
Posted on July 6, 2020, at 7:22 p.m. ET
BuzzFeed News has reporters around the world bringing you trustworthy stories about the impact of the coronavirus. To help keep this news free, become a member.
Bottoms, who is seen as a top contender to be Joe Biden’s running mate on the Democratic presidential ticket, tweeted that she had no symptoms when she tested positive.
Bottoms told MSNBC’s Joy Reid that her husband also tested positive for COVID-19, despite the fact that they had been taken precautions and both tested negative two weeks ago.
“It leaves me for a loss of words because I think it really speaks to how contagious this virus is,” Bottoms told MSNBC. “And we’ve taken all of the precautions that you can possibly take. We wear a mask. We’re very thoughtful about washing our hands. I have no idea when and where we were exposed.”
She said her husband’s fatigue and her own slight cough and seasonal allergies were the only indications that they should both get tested again.
“This is just a lesson for everyone that you have to take every single symptom seriously,” Bottoms said on MSNBC.
- 29 Pics Of “The Umbrella Academy” Cast That’ll Have You Wishing You Were Part Of Their Squad
- Go Shopping And We’ll Reveal Where You’ll Live When You’re Older
- 28 Things Millennials Say Are “Boomer Personality Traits” That Are Funny Because They’re True
- Eat A Five-Course Meal And We’ll Reveal If You Should Live In The Country Or The City
- 27 Impressive Beauty Products That’ll Actually Deliver Results