No relationship is perfect, even on TV. And this is especially true with teen dramas, since the characters are still growing up and figuring themselves out.
I’m all for angst and conflict. But sometimes teen dramas just plain do a couple dirty. In particular, a lot of LGBTQ TV couples get terrible storylines and unhappy endings.
Having more LGBTQ representation on TV is great, but sadly, it’s not always done right. So, here are 16 times teen dramas ruined LGBTQ ships for literally no reason:
First, when Omar cheated on Ander while he was going through chemotherapy on Elite.
When Zoe and Grace slept together after building up their relationship for a whole season, only for Grace to suddenly tell Zoe she wasn’t gay on Degrassi: Next Class.
When Alex and Marissa’s relationship was cut unfairly short and then never mentioned again on The O.C.
When Eric chose Adam over Rahim despite Adam bullying him on Sex Education.
When Lexa was shockingly killed for absolutely no reason on The 100.
When Emily and Alison got divorced on The Perfectionists even though they were ENDGAME on Pretty Little Liars, thank you very much!
When Teddy found out his boyfriend Ian was the one threatening to out him on 90210.
When Naomi was diagnosed with terminal cancer, thus destroying her and Emily’s relationship on Skins Fire.
When Blaine cheated on Kurt on Glee.
- Hiroshima marks 75th anniversary of world’s first atomic bombing |NationalTribune.com
- Facebook deletes Trump post over coronavirus misinformation: Live |NationalTribune.com
- Anger rises in Lebanon as investigation probes Beirut explosion |NationalTribune.com
- We Know Basically Everything About You Based On How You Rate These Types Of Fries
- Which Guy From “The Office” Do You Belong With?