House Select Committee on Benghazi Chairman Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., has boarded the Trump train.

“I endorse Donald Trump,” Gowdy told MSNBC’s Chuck Todd on Meet the Press Friday.

“I was a Rubio guy, and if Marco had won I would have expected the Cruz supporters and the Kasich supports and the Trump supporters to support my guy,” he said. “My guy lost. When the jury speaks, I’m going to support the jury.”

Gowdy had previously said he would support the eventual GOP nominee, but never mentioned Trump specifically.

When he was pressed about his change in attitude regarding Trump, Gowdy said, “I actually didn’t think I was that hesitant.”

He then reiterated his support for Trump.

“I was a Rubio guy and Marco lost, but I will enthusiastically support the Republican nominee,” he said.

Gowdy also elaborated about the current happenings on the Benghazi committee, which is investigating the 2012 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.

He said that the report of his committee would be issued before this summer’s political conventions. Democrats have attacked the committee, saying the panel’s more than two years of investigations are politically motivated and timed to impact Clinton’s chances in the election. Gowdy has denied this accusation and blamed federal agencies for their slow responses to requests for information.

h/t: The Right Scoop

You May Also Like
Uncategorized

15 Magical Hotels to Visit in Your Lifetime

1. Katikies Hotel, Santorini, Greece Hanging on the cliffs 300 feet above…
Uncategorized

US Airstrike Vaporizes Hospital – Killing 9 Doctors Without Borders Charity workers and Injuring 37 others

Nine staff dead and up to 37 injured in Médecins Sans Frontières hospital as charity says bombing continued for 30 minutes after it raised alarm
Uncategorized

More people used Google to learn about Bernie Sanders than any other Democratic candidate – in EVERY U.S. state

Bernie Sanders wins the search wars on debate night as more people…
Uncategorized

California’s Kern County settles for $1m over sexual assault by sheriff’s deputy

Lawsuit is second settled by sheriff’s office in a week in county revealed by the Guardian to have a program of attempted cash payoffs to vulnerable women