Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Libya's

Libya’s GNA suspending ceasefire talks after Tripoli port attack

Libya’s internationally recognised government has said it is suspending its participation in ceasefire negotiations hosted by the United Nations in Geneva, hours after an attack by renegade military commander Khalifa Haftar’s forces on the capital’s port. In a statement late on Tuesday, the presidential council of the Tripoli-based Government of National Accord (GNA) said it would respond firmly…

Libya’s GNA suspending ceasefire talks after Tripoli port attack

Libya’s internationally recognised government has said it is suspending its participation in ceasefire negotiations hosted by the United Nations in Geneva, hours after an attack by renegade military commander Khalifa Haftar’s forces on the capital’s port.
In a statement late on Tuesday, the presidential council of the Tripoli-based Government of National Accord (GNA) said it would respond firmly to the attack at the appropriate time.
Earlier in the day, representatives of the GNA and Haftar’s self-styled Libyan National Army (LNA), which launched a military offensive in April last year to seize Tripoli, had resumed indirect talks aimed at establishing a lasting ceasefire. 
More:

Ninth anniversary of Libya’s revolution

Powers renew pledge to uphold Libya arms embargo

Fresh clashes in Libya despite UN ceasefire call

Page 1 of 2

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2020 Tribune Media LLC